STEM Candidate and Campaign Training
If you have a STEM background and are interested in running for office, or want to have a better understanding of how political campaigns work, our candidate and campaign training is for you.
The comprehensive two-day, intensive non-partisan training covers virtually every aspect of running for office from fundraising to messaging to field strategy and more!
- Learn the fundamentals of a strong campaign from our experienced trainers.
- Hear from STEM elected officials, candidates and policy makers about running for office and advancing pro-science public policies. Speakers at former trainings have included:
- Congressman Jerry McNerney (CA-09), California Secretary of State Alex Padilla, Kentucky State Representative Sannie Overly, Jon Carson, former National Field Director, 2008 Obama for America.
- Leverage your STEM background into a successful candidacy with our expert guidance.
- Meet the 314 Action team members you will be working with as you prepare to run for office.
- Network with fellow STEM professionals who are preparing to run for office.
Our next candidate training will take place Feb 1-2, 2019 in Philadelphia, PA.